Sometimes a cocktail just tastes better frozen, especially during the summer months. Try this strawberry mango wine slushie to enjoy outside this weekend,.
This post may contain affiliate links, view my full disclosure policy here.
Summer and fruity drinks seem to go hand in hand. If you are sitting pool side, or on a lawn chair in your back yard, you need something cool in your hand to combat the heat. That’s where this simple drink comes in. Blend up some fruit and wine to create the perfect summer frozen cocktail.
I shared this White Claw slushie last week and from the overwhelming response I received I thought I would share more easy frozen drinks.
Simple is key when it comes to summer drinks. You want to enjoy time with your friends and family outside, not at the bar making a complicated cocktail.
This wine slush can be made in big batches to serve a crowd, check out the recipe notes for tips on making more than one drink.
The key to a deliciously smooth slushie is a good blender. I can’t recommend my Ninja enough. It chops up ice and frozen fruit like a boss and leaves you with a perfectly smooth drink. If you are doing 2 layers like I did, use 2 smaller cups to blend your layers then combine them in each glass. For a 1 fruit slushie, use the larger blender container.
Selecting fruit and wine for a slushie
You can get creative with just about any combo of wine and fruit. Here are my recommendations.
- Pair unsweetened frozen fruit with sweet wine like Moscato and strawberries.
- For a more tart drink try a dry wine like sauvignon blanc.
- Layer 2 fruits for a stunning looking drink and a delicious taste.
- Go tropical with mango and pineapple.
- Try a classic smoothie flavor and use mixed berries with Moscato.
- If you have fresh fruit on hand, pop it in the freezer and use it the next day to make this recipe.
Combine almost equal parts of wine and frozen fruit and blend until smooth. Pour one layer into a glass until it’s filled half way. Then tilt the glass and add the second layer. Serve with a straw and tiny umbrella for the full summer drink effect.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1.5 cups Moscato
- In a blender combine strawberries and 3/4 cup moscato, blend until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses.
- In a clean blender combine mango and 3/4 cup moscato, blend until smooth.
- Pour down the side of the glass creating a layered drink.
- Serve with a straw and umbrella.
To make a large batch, use this ratio to make a pitcher of each flavored slush. Set out in pitchers and layer when ready to drink.
Go ahead and give this drink a try today, you will love it! Slightly sweet and oh so smooth.