If you enjoy white claw slushies than this frozen berry lemonade is for you! A sweet frozen treat perfect for a summer day. Get the full recipe below and learn how to customize this drink to fit your taste.
This post may contain affiliate links, view my full disclosure policy here.
There is a big trend this summer of creating frozen drinks using White Claw hard seltzer. I tried it and I am sold! The result is a light and refreshing drink that’s not too sweet or overly filling, but oh to good.
Take at look at the original white claw slushie recipe to learn where to start. Once you have the basic proportions down you can start experimenting with different varieties. Experimenting and lots of taste testing led to this frozen berry lemonade that is so so good.
Tips for making a frozen drink
Start with a good blender. I highly recommend a Ninja like this, it has multiple blades that pulverize ice. No big chunks or ice or fruit left at the bottom of your glass.
Use ice and frozen fruit to keep your drink cold. If you would rather use fresh fruit, just pop a serving into the freezer for a few hours to give it a chill. This is going to make your drink taste much better.
Experiment with alcohol combinations. This one uses hard seltzer as the main alcohol. You can add vodka, rum or triple sec to bring out different flavors in the drink.
Frozen Berry Lemonade Recipe
To turn a basic slusie into a frozen lemonade you will need a few key ingredients.
- Lemon White Claw – a new summer flavor
- Triple Sec – a citrus liquor
These 2 ingredients add the citrus kick that every lemonade needs. To this I added a little simple syrup for a bit a sweetness and lots of berries. Get the full recipe and step by step instructions below.
Variations to Try
- I used strawberries for this recipe. Try a mixed berry blend, or just raspberries or blackberries. It will change the flavor slightly and you may need to adjust the amount of simple syrup depending on how sweet or sour the berries are.
- Try swapping the white claw for a different flavor of hard seltzer like tangerine or using something like a Hard Lemonade. These are typically sweeter and have a more pronounced lemon flavor.
- Make a big batch of this frozen cocktail an freeze the excess. When you are ready to enjoy another glass, take it out of the freezer and set it on the counter for 30 minutes. The mixture will unfreeze just enough and turn back to the slushie consistency.
- 1 can lemon White Claw
- 3/4 ounce triple sec
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in an ice crushing blender like this one. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into 2 large glasses and garnish with a lemon wedge.
- Enjoy immediately.
Like this recipe? Pin and save it now.
Look for more summer cocktails? Try these.