A special holiday calls for a special drink! How about a silky smooth shot you can enjoy with friends? Get the simple recipe for this Bailey’s red velvet shot and find a few fun variations that will get you in the holiday spirit!
This post may contain affiliate links, view my full disclosure policy here.
Valentine’s day differs for all of us depending on the special people in our lives. I used to enjoy a special date with my husband before kids came along. Now we celebrate as a family. I also tend to gather with friends around this holiday and toast to the amazing women in my life. This red velvet shooter works for whatever type of adult celebration you have store!
If you are a red velvet fan then this drink is for you! The main ingredient is Bailey’s red velvet, a concoction of everything that makes Bailey’s delicious blended with notes of cream cheese frosting and cocoa. It’s seriously amazing on it’s own. The liquor was made in partnership with a cupcake company so you know it’s going to taste amazing!
To make this red velvet shot I combined Bailey’s red velvet with vanilla vodka. The flavored vodka enhances the creamy dessert like flavor and makes this a truly indulgent cocktail. A regular vodka will do just fine, or you can play around with other flavors like whipped cream or birthday cake! There are a lot of flavored vodkas out there so experiment with these combinations until you find one you love.
Shaken and strained into 2 tall shoot glasses this drink is topped with whipped cream and sprinkles.
Valentine’s Day Drink Variations
- Try a different variety of Bailey’s like Strawberries and Cream or Chocolate Cherry to change the flavor of this shot. Keep the proportions the same and change up the toppings to match the Bailey’ flavor.
- Use gold sprinkles, a slice of strawberry or chocolate shavings on top of the whipped cream.
- Try this shot as a cocktail. Use the recipe below then strain it into a single martini glass. Top the same way and enjoy.
- 3 ounces Bailey's Red Velvet
- 1.5 ounces vodka
- Whipped cream
- Red sugar
- Fill a shaker with ice and add Bailey's and vodka, shake well.
- Strain the mixture equally into 2 tall shot glasses.
- Top with whipped cream and red sugar.
Try vanilla vodka for a creamier flavor. Top with festive sprinkles like hearts or sparkles.
A fun pink red velvet shot for Valentine’s Day. Make a batch of these to celebrate with friends, your significant other or just make one for yourself!
Want more Valentine’s Day drink recipes? Check out these recipes and click over for full details on each one.
Cranberry Margaritas from Weekend Craft | Strawberry Gin & Tonic from Red Cottage Chronicles | Pink Moscato Sangria from Happy Go Lucky | Red Velvet Bailey’s Kahlua Shot from Our Crafty Mom | Bailey’s Red Velvet Shot from Simple Sips
Pin this now and save the recipe for later
Check out this festive pink drink for Valentine’s Day